Kemnay Football Festival
Kemnay Football Club (KFC) will be hosting its annual Football Festival in Bogbeth Park on Saturday 28th May, between 8am and 4.30pm. Kemnay Football Club has been in close liaison with:
Kemnay Community Council – Hazel Smith, Chair
Aberdeenshire Council – Elizabeth Ross, Infrastructure Sevices
Police Scotland Operational Planning – Constable Fraser Robertson
KFC have applied for and have been granted a Temporary Traffic Restriction Order (TTRO) that imposes temporary ‘No Waiting’ restrictions on the following streets:
- Victoria Terrace, between Parkhill and Kemnay Primary School
- Bogbeth Road along its entire length from Victoria Terrace
- Kirkland will be closed except for residents traffic
Parking will be available in the following locations:
- Bogbeth Park
- Bogbeth Road Car Park opposite Skate Park
- Kemnay Primary School
- Kemnay Village Hall
All teams have been issued with a leaflet indicating where they can and cannot park. In addition teams have been advised to car-share where possible to alleviate congestion.
Please note that KFC has requested that Bogbeth Brae and Bogbeth Rise be included in the TTRO, however KFC were advised that this wasn’t possible as Aberdeenshire Council have not yet formally adopted these roads.
Other actions, KFC has:
- Requested additional Police ‘No Waiting’ Cones and these will be delivered ahead of the event – Action Fraser Robertson, Police Scotland Operational Planning.
- Been instructed that they should not attempt to marshal or control traffic themselves e.g. with Club officials in hi-viz clothing as this may lead to disagreement or confrontation.
- Requested uniformed presence on the day to assist with traffic marshalling and to act as a deterrent to anyone tempted to flaunt the restrictions. However KFC are advised that there is no scheduled police presence rostered in the plan for Kemnay that day, so this cannot be guaranteed.
Roads around Bogbeth Park – including the B993 Victoria Terrace, Bogbeth Road that runs alongside the park, Bogbeth Rise and Kirkland will have Police cones placed on the road. Parking in these areas is absolutely prohibited.
Bogbeth Road MUST be kept clear for vehicular access to farm properties. Parking will also be prohibited in the Bennachie Lodge Hotel Car Park as it is required for hotel customers.
There may be some spaces on High Street, Kendal Road, Fraser Place and Parkhill, however please obey any double yellow lines and be careful not to obstruct access to residents’ driveways.
Kemnay Football Club: Coaching for boys and girls from Primary 1. Contact Steven Law 01467 642824 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org